This is where the lost souls reside. If you are lost, for what ever reason, here is where you can be found.
This is where the insane souls reside. If you are insane, for what ever reason, here is where you can rest.
There is no boundaries on what you can post here - song lyrics, art, poetry (if not original, please give the artist credit) theories of life, loss and dreams. Anything.
However, there are rules to follow in both posting and in acceptance.
* There is to be no bagging out of people or the moderators.
* There is to be no promoting of other communities with in this community with out permission of the moderator.
* You must also remain an active member of this community, which means not just being a member and posting, but this must appear as a constantly viewed community.
* To be accepted into the community, your asking to join must first be passed by me, then your application must be voted in by at least 2/3 of the votes. 15 votes count towards your entry, meaning 10 out of 15 people must say "yes". This number will change as more members are accepted.
* The exception to this rule are as follows - people who are currently on my friends list as of August 24, 2004, those who I invite, and to the first 15 applicants if not covered in the above two. If within the 15 and not covered by the top two, your application must still be passed by me.
* Until you are accepted, you can not post, vote, or comment - unless you are commenting back onto your application. If you do, all posts, comments, etc you have made WILL be deleted, and an anti-vote will appear in your application - this strikes off one "yes" vote.
* When applying, you must select Friends Only, and as your subject header write, I WISH TO BE A CHILD OF INSAINITY so it stands out, and you may be voted on.
* You must have all the questions in bold, and answers in regular text. It just makes for easier reading. It must be behind LJ Cut, and contain 2 - 6 pictures of anything you like, but they must reflect something of your self and your personality - and they must be tasteful and non-offensive. If you don't know how to do bold, LJ Cut, or how to post pics, see the bottom of the page. Failure to do so will result in an anti-vote per item.
* Once accepted, you may post as often as you want, but remember, all posts must remain Friends Only. You must also vote for or against new members joining, and remain an active member, so everyone can really get the most out of the community.
* While posting, please keep long entries and large pictures behind LJ Cut.
* Once accepted, you must promote the community in at least 5 journals/communities, and provide the links to or the names of the journals/communities you have promoted us in. Some banners will be available soon, and if you create your own banner for the site, you can cut your promoting down to 2.
* Once accepted, if any of the rules are broken, you get three strikes and then you are banned from the community. You may re-apply after two weeks if you wish, but you will still need to go through the voting process.
* If you are not accepted, you may re-apply within two weeks, but must go through the voting again.
* If people are banned, or receive strikes, it will be made public in the community.
While this may seem like a lot of rules, it's to ensure that it remains an active, safe and fun community, as there is nothing worse than being in one where all people want to do is cause trouble.
So, here is the application form for you to copy and paste once your initial interest has been accepted. If you have been invited, or are part of the first 20 excluded from being voted on, please still fill out the application or a strike will be put up against you.
You can just copy the application. Just delete the * that appear in the tags (the little things that look like this - < > and have text in them if you're new to this)
(Copy from the next line down and end the line above "end copy") <*lj-cut text="APPLICATION"> <*br> <*b>NAME/NICKNAME/LJ NAME:<*/b> <*b>AGE, BIRTHDATE, STARSIGN:<*/b> <*b>LOCATION:<*/b> <*b> WHO OR WHERE DID YOU FIND US? (if you can't remember, please go back and find)<*/b> <*b>WRITE A SCENTENCE OF 5 WORDS TO DESCRIBE YOUR SELF:<*/b> - <*b>PLEASE USE A LYRIC THAT BEST DESCIBES YOU AND WHY (and not a whole song):<*/b> <*b>WHAT IS YOUR BEST QUALITY?<*/b> <*b>WHAT IS YOUR WEAKNESS?<*/b> <*b>WHO IS YOUR ROLE MODEL AND WHY (if none, please still state why)?<*/b> <*b>MAKE UP AND ANSWER ONE QUESTION, BEING CREATIVE:<*/b> <*b>IF YOU WERE JUST ONE COLOUR, WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?<*/b> <*b>WHAT IS IT THAT MAKE US HUMAN?<*/b> <*b>ARE YOU "WAKE WALKING THROUGH YOUR SLEEP OR SLEEPWALKING THROUGH YOUR WAKE"?(from Waking life)<*/b> <*b>ARE YOU A DREAMER?<*/b> <*b>TELL US YOUR STRANGEST DREAM:<*/b> <*b>PLEASE PUT IN 2 - 6 PHOTOS OF EITHER YOURSELF, OR OF THINGS THAT HAVE A LINK TO YOU AND STATE WHY THEY DO IF THEY ARE NOT OF YOUR SELF.<*/b> <*/lj-cut> END COPY And that is it! Here's just a check list to make sure it's all spot on:
* Have you either deleted the * from the copy, or added bold text to the questions? * Is it behind lj cut? * Have you answered all the questions? * Have you added 2 - 6 pictures? * Have you selected the Friends Only option? * Have you written I WISH TO BE A CHILD OF INSAINITY as the subject header?
If you've said yes to them all, then you are all set!
Keep an eye on the into page for your status and that of others (eg: strikes, banned, etc) notes on bold, lj cut and pictures
To make text bold, type the following, with the first before the text you want to appear bold and the last after the text. Then delete the *
<*b> your text here <*/b>
To do lj cut, type the following, with the first to go before the text you want to go behind the cut and the last at the end. In the first tag, replace the text in the " " with what ever you want to appear as the link - in the purpose of applications, leave as the text appears below. Once again, delete the * for it to work.
<*lj-cut text="APPLICATION"> your text body for lj cut here <*lj-cut>
To post pictures, you first need to get a photo hosting site. I sugest http://www.photobucket.com as it is free and easy to use. One you put your pictures up on it, just copy and paste the tag that appears under the image. Your Moderator